I am sure you have noticed that I have been away from the blog for a while. I had other commitments that I had to tend to, and I want to thank you all for your support despite my absence. I was so surprised, and excited when I checked our email last week to see that we made it in the Top 100 Doll Blogs! I know we aren’t at the top, but making it on the list is good enough for me!
After reading this good news I headed over to our blog to check through our comments and I saw that our Xyra from Tea Time with Melody Q nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much Xyra for brightening my day, we could use this sunshine as we have been in the “deep freeze” for the past month here in Alberta!
Xrya’s Questions for me:
1.What is your favorite type of blog post?
My favorite type of blog post to write would be my doll repairs. There is nothing more satisfying for me than to take a doll that looks like it has been through the ringer, and to make her beautiful again. I may have mentioned this before, but every time I am working on a doll it reminds me of the poem, “The Touch of the Masters Hand” by Myra Brooks Welch.
My favorite type of blog post to read… now that’s a tricky one. I love reading about all of Melody’s adventures, and I also love to see all the amazing doll creations over at Faking It Mostly, and I love the doll repairs and reviews at Journey Girl Doll Adventures. That being said I guess my favorite type of blog post would be a post about dolls!
2. Of your dolls, which is your favorite?
Oh very tough question… I am going to have to say that my favorite doll would be the Caroline doll that Michelle scored for the this past summer. She is super rough, and will take a lot of time to restore but that’s what makes me love her all the more! Yes, when I get to work on her I will being posting all the progress!
3. What doll is at the top of your wish list?
It was Caroline… but now I have my eye on the Japanese Dollfie dolls. Traci from KeLibu- 18 inch Doll Clothing Patterns has the most adorable Dollfie, and now I want one too! (She also has incredible doll clothing patterns, check her out!)
…Yes, the fact that I was a Sailor Moon fan back in the 90s probably has encouraged my love of these crazy expensive dolls.
4. Do you schedule your posts or just post what your mood tells you that day?
I try to post every Tuesday… I was really good about it until this past fall… sorry friends!
5. What type of camera do you use for your photos?
Honestly most of the time I just use my iPhone… but when I want to have great photos like when I am doing my doll reviews, or photo shoots I use my Canon T6i with a 50mm lens.
6. Have you crafted anything for your dolls?
Yes! Probably my favorite craft was the doll suitcase I made when we first started this site. It was a lot of fun and it turned out great… but I don’t recommended trying this with a group of 8 year old girls on your own, be sure to enlist back up support!
7. Do you like board games? If yes, what is your favorite?
Yes, actually since it has been so cold I went out and I bought quite a few board games for the kids to keep them entertained inside. If cribbage counts that would be my favorite board game… I mean it is a game and you use a board. However if it doesn’t count than I would say Girl Talk Date Line, the ad says it all!
8. Did you see Fantastic Beasts? If yes, what is your favorite creature?
We have some big Harry Potter fans in our house, so of course we have seen this movie… my eight year old daughter is such a big fan she is currently reading the screenplay. My favorite fantastic beast in the movie would have to be the Mooncalf, I think that they are the cutest of the bunch.
9. Do you YouTube?
Why yes I YouTube, you can find my channel under Canadian Doll Notebook… I know so original, right? Like the blog I haven’t done much over there lately, but my friend Deena has a great Canadian AG YouTube channel, if you haven’t already you should check her out.
10. Do you prefer cake or pie?
Pie for sure… but making pie crust stresses me out so we don’t have it very often. Maybe someday I will be able to grasp the fine art of creating the perfect pie crust…
11. Do you prefer ice cream or pudding?
Ice cream! One of my favorite things to do in the summer, when I am back home in Nova Scotia is get an ice cream cone, and sit and watch the boats come into the harbour afer a long day of fishing. My favorite ice cream by far is Scotsburn’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait… how much longer until June???
Thank you again Xyra for adding to sunshine to my day through your nomination!
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Sunshine Blogger Award, because your blog brightens my day!
- Jen and Brianna from “The Dolls Between Us“
- Jackylina from “Dollightlful Dolls“
- Kat from “Oh Sew Kat“
Questions for My Nominees:
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is your favorite post you’ve written?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite doll, and why?
- Who was your first doll, and how old were you when you got this doll?
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done with your doll?
- What are your favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
- What makes you different from any other blogger?
- What is your favorite book or movie?
- Last but not least, give us three random facts about yourself.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post.