Over the years numerous dolls of all types have been bought, and brought into my house. Taking any new doll out of the box is exciting, but there is something about the beautiful blue Maplelea box that makes my heart soar.
I have 5 reasons why I love these boxes:
1. Even though I know exactly which doll I ordered (so theoretically I know what she will look like) I find that there is something magical about lifting that blue lid, and seeing her for the first time.
2. The individualized paper bands around the outside of the box makes you feel like each doll is special. My daughter Lafern once commented that it makes you feel like the doll is “extra fancy, because fancy boxes always have a ribbon or band telling you what it is.” Gosh, I love that 9 year old thought process, and I have to agree.
3. When we received our first Maplelea Girls we got three dolls and three outfits. I found that the boxes were a great place to store, and keep all the “doll stuff”. For a time the box also doubled as a bed for our dolls!
4. Maplelea has taken such care with the packaging of these dolls to ensure they arrive in a flawless condition. These details are in the extra padding, and foam protecting the doll from any shine marks that could be left by the rubber bands used to secure her in place. Although the Maplelea packaging is secure, it is also easy for kids to free their dolls from the box independantly.
5. I personally feel that the Maplelea boxes enhance the quality of their product. I don’t like the boxes that have the plastic window, as I think they look cheap, and don’t hold up to eager kids touching the window causing the glue to loosen and dolls receiving shine marks as a result.
I could list more, but will spare you my nit picky thoughts on boxes… but I am curious, what are your thoughts on the different packaging?